Best Gout Diet To Follow To Avoid Gout In Your Feet
What Is Gout?
Gout is an arthritic condition when uric acid crystals form around the joints synovial fluid,
Uric acid is found in the bloodstream and is a waste product that is produced by purines,
Purines are proteins that are found in some foods and all of our cells.
This fluid is found around every joint in our body which means you can gout on any one of your joints!
When you think of gout you immediately think of your big toe!
But it can effect any toe, elbow, hands etc.
How YOU can prevent Gout
You hold the power and the choice wherever you want to prevent gout attacks to be honest.
The simple and the best answer to prevent gout is Lifestyle & Diet!
If you are prone to Gout attacks tweeting your diet and reducing purines will make a huge difference to your life.
If you eat to many foods and drinks with purine in or have a kidney disorder you will most likely start over producing Uric Acid.
The crystals will form around a joint.
That joint will become swollen , red and very painful and the
result is GOUT!
I have patients who have reduced their gout and the extreme pain in under 24 hours,
Just by drinking Cherry Juice and eating celery sticks and drinking nettle tea!
What is the Best Gout Diet For You
You need to eat healthy but that doesn’t mean boring food!
Everyone should eat a healthy balanced diet and when you don’t you know what happens!
- You become over weight
- Bad skin
Top tips for to prevent further gout attacks include
Eat moderate amounts of meat & fish
- Avoid eating large amounts of meat and fish
Increase breads, cereals and plenty of potatoes
- By increasing whole grains, and eating potato skins this will guarantee you are getting sufficient vitamins and minerals and fibre that your body needs
Eat moderate amounts of dairy products
- The daily recommended advice is 200ml milk, 30g piece of cheese and a pot of yoghurt.
Eat as many vegetables and fruits 5 a day!
- We all need at least 5 a day ! but more is good.
Fruit and Veg contain minerals, vitamins, and all the nutrients your body needs to be healthy and keep healthy.
Drink plenty of water
- A simple and free health kick you can and should be doing.
1.5 litres a day or 8 glasses is the minimum your body needs.
Lower your intake of processed foods
- Processed foods and drinks especially microwave meals and diet drinks contain unnatural hormones and proteins which are high in purine.
Drinking alcohol causes gout so stop or reduce daily intake
- Although the weekly recommended amount remains 21 units for men and 14 for women.If you are prone to gout you will need to seriously think about reducing if you want to stop gout attacks.Beer and Port and two of the worst offenders for purine and are the two products i advise to stop in my best gout diet tips to my patients.
Foods to avoid when you have Gout
These are the top foods and drinks you should avoid that all contain HIGH /MODERATE/ LOW Purines and increase Uric Acid Production.
High Purine Foods
Seafood: Mussels , Crabs, Shellfish (lobster etc) Caviar.
Game: Venison, Rabbit, Pheasant
Offal: Liver, Kidneys, Heart
Oily Fish: Trout, Mackerele, Sardines, Shrimps, Caviar,
Meat & Yeast Extracts: Marmite, Bovril, Gravy, Beer.
Moderate Purine Foods – eat in low moderation
Meat: Lamb, Beef, Chicken & Pork, Duck
Mushrooms & Quorn
Wholegrains: Bran, oatbran,wholemeal bread
Vegetables: Asparagus, spinach, cauliflower, tomatoes
Dried Beans: Soybeans, Kidney beans, Baked Beans
Low Purine foods
Fruit & Vegetables
Dairy , Milk, Cheese, Yoghurt, Butter.
Breads & Cereals
Noodles and Pasta
Watch out also these foods may trigger gout attacks.
Tomatoes, Strawberries, Turkey, sherry, Oranges, Nuts have been reported by gout patients to cause problems.
A sufferers guide to beating gout and some good and easy lifestyle changes.Beating Gout: A Sufferer’s Guide to Living Pain Free
The ultimate cookbook and meal planner with over 100 recipes to be gout free.Gout and You: The Ultimate Gout Diet & Cookbook