Do your nails have white stuff under the toenail ?
- Do your nails have white stuff under the toenail ?
- When Fungus is present the toenails may appear:
- What can i do to treat the white stuff under my toenail?
- 1/ Nail Varnish
- 2/ Sweaty Feet
- How to get rid of the nasty white stuff under your toenails
- How You can use a safe natural treatment to cure white stuff under toenails… in the next 30 days….
Well don`t panic but it sounds like you have Onychomycosis = Fungus Infection
What is the White stuff under my toenails
- Dead flaky skin ….like dandruff its just hard calloused skin
- White Dots and Lines on the nails is the fungus from within the nail bed
- Extra thick toenails become thick due to the build up of calloused nail from the fungus this is what causes the SMELL!.
When Fungus is present the toenails may appear:
- Discoloured Yellow/ Brownish
- White dots on the Nail
- Build up of thick white callous around the nail sides and under the toenail tip
- Smelly a nasty smell is just the bacteria build up and can be easily solved
- The toenails become thick and calloused and become difficult to cut with normal clippers
- A white line may appear from the tip to the cuticle (this is the fungus growing under the nail bed)
What can i do to treat the white stuff under my toenail?
In my 14 years experience treating Discoloured and Fungus Toenails two common problems that cause the white stuff under toenail is caused by;
1/ Nail Varnish
For all the ladies out their who have regular pedicures and manicures, Nail varnish causes ours nails to sweat and not be able to breath. The varnish acts as a barrier and suffocates the nails especially the professional heavy duty varnishes that the nail bars use.
My advice to my patients is to remove and change the varnish on a regular basis do not leave on until the varnish grows out with the nail.
Use a barrier oil and allow the nails a 3 month period every year without varnish.
2/ Sweaty Feet
We all get hot and sweaty feet ! but some feet defiantly sweat more than others and this will be down to either to activities like sports or the type of shoes you wear.
Running, Football, Basketball are all high intensity sports which will have you running around like crazy getting hot.
Wearing breathable good quality trainers and sneakers and socks is so important to prevent sweaty feet.
Athletes foot is a bacterial infection of the skin on the foot and appears in-between the toes and under the soles.
It is a red rash in appearance itchy and red.
Using a a Podiatry recommended Foot Deodorant And Bacterial cream will solve this infection in 3-5 days easily.
Also i find heavy duty boots especially steel capped boots builders and factory workers have to wear also cause hot sweaty feet,
this usually causes the toenails to then become thick and difficult to cut discoloured and infected with fungus.
Lets get to to important stuff!
How to get rid of the nasty white stuff under your toenails
Daily good foot hygiene routine.
8/10 patients admit to not drying their feet and in-between their toes after they bath or shower.
Leaving your feet damp will encourage bacteria growth so dry your feet well.
- Change your socks daily / twice a day if you suffer from sweaty feet
- Use a Foot Deodorant and Anti bacterial barrier cream to prevent smelly feet and this will totally STOP sweaty and athlete feet conditions
- Wear shoes and trainers that allow your feet to breath, cheap plastic made shoes will cause fungus and bacteria growth.
Keep your toenails trimmed and clipped short to encourage nail growth
If the Nails are very thick use a heavy duty pair of nail clippers
(Read related post long handled toenail clippers for thick nails)
Apply a topical anti fungal treatment to your nails daily. The stronger solution the better.
This is not going to be an overnight result the nail will need to grow out as you are treating the fungus and white stuff under toenail so be patient.
As you use the treatment you will see the white stuff under toenail and its discolouration disappearing as a new nail grows naturally and healthy looking.
I personally recommend to my patients to use H Nails Fungus Oil as it is a natural treatment that will heal the fungus from the root of the nail bed.
Read more about how to cure YOUR fungus nails in the next 30 days …. below.
If the toenails are giving of a foul odour or smell i would recommend you apply anti fungus foot soak this removes the dead callous naturally.
Prevention is the best protection!
If you are on your feet for hours at a time or play a lot of sports i would advise you to apply a foot deodorant spray or cream daily which will acts as a barrier on your skin and prevent athletes foot infections and also nail fungus conditions.
It takes seconds to apply and really is the best preventative action to stop white stuff under toenail.
#1 Most Effective Foot & Shoe Deodorant Spray – All Natural and 100% Safe For All Shoes & Feet – Fresh Peppermint & Tea Tree Deodorizer Destroys Odor & Bacteria Immediately!
How You can use a safe natural treatment to cure white stuff under toenails… in the next 30 days….